3.5 ounces caster sugar
7 ounces unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
10.5 ounces all-purpose flour, sifted
2 cold egg yolks
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Strawberry Champagne Preserve
- Mix butter, caster sugar and vanilla, extract with an electric mixer using a paddle attachment at medium speed until the ingredients are combined.
- Add salt, flour and the butter cubes.
- Mix until the mixture becomes coarse crumbs and immediately add egg yolks.
- Mix shortly just until a ball of dough forms.
- Wrap the dough with cling nylon and leave in the refrigerator for overnight.
- The cold dough will need to acclimatize for 10 minutes at room temperature before it can be used for further preparation.
Working with the dough:
- Roll out the dough between two baking paper sheets to a thickness of about 0.2 inches.
- Cut out flower shaped cookies from the whole batch (1.75 inches diameter). Then
- Take half the flower shaped cut-out-batch, and cut a smaller sized circle (0.4 inches diameter), in the center of each flower.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake the cookies on separate paper lined trays at 325°F for 10 – 14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool at room temperature.
Once the baked cookies are cooled, spread Strawberry Champagne Preserve over the whole flower cookies.
Dust the open flower cookies with icing sugar and set on top of the whole flower cookies.
Store cool and dry or serve immediately.
Life’s simple pleasures…
Enjoy with love