4.2 ounces goat cheese, medium matured, grated
9 ounces cream
8.5 ounces milk
½ teaspoons thyme
Salt and pepper – season to taste
2 Pcs egg, large
2 Pcs egg yolks
15 ml orange juice
3.5 ounces parsley, flat leave, chopped finely
8 teaspoons Cabernet Fig preserve
2 ounces goat cheese, grated
1 ounces goat cheese, shaved
4 slices bread, white sliced – no crust
½ ounces softened butter
Preparation: Goat custard cheese
- Simmer cream, milk and goat cheese in a sauce pan, close the heat source and rest.
- Whisk egg, egg yolk and thyme together, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour the hot cheese cream into the egg mix and stir continuously.
- Season to taste, then pour the egg-cheese cream into silicon molds (50 ml) and cover with baking paper and aluminum foil.
- Bake in hot water at 220°F for 15 – 20 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove from the water, chill and store in the refrigerator.
Preparation: Mustard dressing
Mix mustard, orange juice, parsley, season with salt and pepper and add canola oil slowly, whisking continuously.
Preparation: Goat crisp cheese
- Divide the grated goat cheese to 8 parts and spread each part in circular shape on a baking tray, leaving some space in between.
- Preheat oven to 340°F and bake for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and immediately lift the cheese circles from the baking tray, cooling them at room temperature.
- Cut circles from the bread slices, toast and spread with butter. Set toasted bread in plate center, drizzle some mustard dressing around. Add 4 dots of ½ teaspoons of Cabernet Fig preserve surrounding the toast and dressing.
- Place some cheese custard on the toast and cover with a cheese crisp. Place cheese custard on top the cheese crisp and finish with one more cheese crisp.
- Mix the sliced lettuce with the mustard dressing and set on the upper cheese crisp. Sprinkle the shaved goat cheese over the marinated lettuce.
Life is made of simple pleasures…
Enjoy with love
Gunter Biedermann and Oshra Tishbi